WHY IS DS DROPPING THE BALL?

Keep your scrums, grumbling, and vents here (but be civil). Or just be happy and beat your chest!

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

8eights
Blue Shark

WHY IS DS DROPPING THE BALL?

Postby 8eights » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:09 am

My account was deactivated before my renewal date. Now I'm told I HAVE to pay in 2 payments on an auto renewal system. Payments made last year were incorrect in DS records as well. Price appears to have gone up (from 44 to 48). Seems too high for a site that entirely whiffed on J Gordon and K Moreno last year. The other site I use did not...Also, the girl I spoke with on the phone could not give me even one answer to any of my questions. Someone is supposed to call me back tomorrow. You guys know football, but you need to get it together when it comes to account management...you are operating like a corporation. Very Walmartish. I am not happy.

DS Jared
Site Admin

Re: WHY IS DS DROPPING THE BALL?

Postby DS Jared » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:38 pm

Has this been resolved yet? If not, shoot me an email at smola@draftsharks.com and I'll make sure we get this right. Sorry for the hassle!
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:38 pm

Jared,

Somewhat resolved in the fact that they reactivated my account...But why do I have to mail a check in if I want to pay the $48 in one lump sum? Paying one payment with a credit card online is the most logical way, but Ive been informed this is no longer possible. Why not? If someone can't afford to pay $48 at one time, how can they afford to purchase an actual team? I'm still a fan of DS because of all the additional info we get, but this whole situation is making me reconsider if I am going to renew...

DS Jared
Site Admin

Postby DS Jared » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:34 pm

We switched to the recurring payment model last year. It's still $48 per year, but the payments are made in 2 installments of $24. The idea is to have your Insider access go uninterrupted without needing to worry about re-upping every offseason.
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:10 pm

I started drafting 2 days after the Superbowl. Do you really think I'd let a subscription I care about lapse?

People forget about auto renewals, so it seems like a way to keep people that are on the fence about renewing to keep paying. It's mildly a predatory business practice. Just like increasing people's rent knowing no one will move out over a small increase in rent.

If I do decide to renew I'll send a check. Got to think about if I want to spend $48 to be told to draft Danny Amendola...

jakam31
Great White

Postby jakam31 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:30 am

8eights wrote:It's mildly a predatory business practice. Just like increasing people's rent knowing no one will move out over a small increase in rent.

If I do decide to renew I'll send a check. Got to think about if I want to spend $48 to be told to draft Danny Amendola...

It is mildly poor taste for you to do this on the message board. Just like those guys who get on Rivals or Scout and become keyboard cowboys.

The guy gave you his email. Have it out with him through that method of communication because personally I think $48 for a year's worth of content is peanuts compared to what some sites charge for just football season.
Slim Roethlisberger - A Show Me Your TD's Production

RubberDucky PPR
QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Lamar Miller, Ellington, Gio, Doug Martin, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, Devonte Freeman
WR - Damaryius, Jordy, JMatt, Charles Johnson, Quick, Toon
TE - Teal Julius
K - Du Jour
DEF - Du Jour

https://bestplayeravailable.wordpress.com

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:09 pm

Hey Jakam, I really don't care what you think. AND no, $48 for good content is more than worth it. Look at the bust, breakout, and comeback articles and tell me if hitting one out of 5 predictions is good content....AND, yes I do believe current customers deserve to hear both positives and negatives about a site. So pipe down and keep drafting Amendola...I didn't consider leaving until they cut off my service prematurely. Once they turned it back on I was still going to renew until I found out we had to sign up for auto billing.

After reviewing much of last years predictions I'm keeping my other pay service...still reviewing DS info to see I'm going to continue to subscribe. Fixing this autobilling issue so we can pay by card once a year would definately be enough to get me to return. Without that change, I'm going to have to make a decision. Maybe going without it for a month would make me miss it enough to re-subscribe. As they say, you don't know what you have until it's gone...

jakam31
Great White

Postby jakam31 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:01 pm

8eights, I hope if you come back here you rename yourself KeyboardCowboy.

You are obviously too lazy and/or stupid to take what they give you here and formulate your own strategy. I used this site last year and won money hand over fist and I have talked to quite a few others who play on daily sites that have done the same. These sites are resources and if you are taking it as your only means of making a decision then you may as well stick $48 in a pot and burn it pal. I will gladly send you my email if you want to keep whining about the validity of what the owners of DS are putting out there so you can quit cluttering the board.

RubberDucky PPR
QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Lamar Miller, Ellington, Gio, Doug Martin, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, Devonte Freeman
TE - Teal Julius
K - Du Jour
DEF - Du Jour

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:22 pm

care to put your money where your mouth is Jakramitinyourbutt? How about the next masters play the pros?

Sincerely,

Keyboard Cowboy

jakam31
Great White

Postby jakam31 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:04 am

8eights wrote:care to put your money where your mouth is Jakramitinyourbutt? How about the next masters play the pros?

Sincerely,

Keyboard Cowboy

You consider yourself a pro yet you pay money to two different sites to help you out? Baaaaaaahahahahahahahaha.

I tell you what - I will do you one better: I may have an opening in my $200 league. If I can talk them into letting some dead money into it I will shoot you a DM on here if you don't decide to take your keyboard and run home. If not, maybe I will check that out but I have 3 leagues already and I play DFS everyday, which is a lucrative venture for me. Move along, grasshopper.

RubberDucky PPR
QB - Matt Ryan
TE - Teal Julius
K - Du Jour
DEF - Du Jour

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:18 pm

I figured you would say no...cowardly little girl.

jakam31
Great White

Postby jakam31 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:49 am

8eights wrote:I figured you would say no...cowardly little girl.

Never said no. Just said I've got a lot of irons in the fire. I've made over $27K playing fantasy sports since August alone, which is more than you'll see in 10 lifetimes. I don't need to beat you in order to prove anything.

Facts are facts and the one undeniable fact here is that you whined about a simple $48 fee and referenced Danny Amendola as your reasoning behind it. You are unoriginal and completely incapable of doing any leg work on your own. Here's some free advice: Draft a RB in Round 1 this year. Now that I've handed you that gem, you can pay someone $27 to tell you who to pick rounds 2-17. I'm done with you and with any luck you'll just quit showing up here.

RubberDucky PPR
QB - Matt Ryan
TE - Teal Julius
K - Du Jour
DEF - Du Jour

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:29 pm

Hey everyone, Jakram is the best...just ask him. He will tell you.

bobcatbronco
Rookie

Postby bobcatbronco » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:42 am

"We switched to the recurring payment model last year. It's still $48 per year, but the payments are made in 2 installments of $24. The idea is to have your Insider access go uninterrupted without needing to worry about re-upping every offseason."

What kind of capitalist, corporate, bullshit is that answer? How about you change your model to I pay once a year and don't have to worry about it?
Pass Td
0-40 = 6
41-100 = 12
Pass Yards
0-249 = 0
250-299 = 6
300-349 = 12
350-399 = 18

Rush/Recieving Td
0-9 = 6
10-39 =9
40-99 = 15
Rush/Recieving Yards
50-74 = 3
75-99 = 6
100-124 = 9
125-149 = 12
150-174 = 15
175-199 = 18
200-224 = 21

bobcatbronco
Rookie

Postby bobcatbronco » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:44 am

Never said no. Just said I've got a lot of irons in the fire. I've made over $27K playing fantasy sports since August alone, which is more than you'll see in 10 lifetimes. I don't need to beat you in order to prove anything.

Facts are facts and the one undeniable fact here is that you whined about a simple $48 fee and referenced Danny Amendola as your reasoning behind it. You are unoriginal and completely incapable of doing any leg work on your own. Here's some free advice: Draft a RB in Round 1 this year. Now that I've handed you that gem, you can pay someone $27 to tell you who to pick rounds 2-17. I'm done with you and with any luck you'll just quit showing up here

You either need a job or should spend more time with your kids.
Pass Td
0-40 = 6
41-100 = 12
Pass Yards
0-249 = 0
250-299 = 6
300-349 = 12
350-399 = 18

Rush/Recieving Td
0-9 = 6
10-39 =9
40-99 = 15