Lack of good WR

Keep your scrums, grumbling, and vents here (but be civil). Or just be happy and beat your chest!

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Darkness_awc
Rookie

Lack of good WR

Postby Darkness_awc » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:04 pm

Is it just me or is the class of Wide Receiver really poor this year.
I had my draft last night and every time I wanted a WR, I could not find one I was comfortable choosing after the first 10 were gone off the list. Does anyone have a list of 2nd years or breakouts that are under the radar.

CrackedAces
DRAFT SHARK

Re: Lack of good WR

Postby CrackedAces » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:44 pm

I respectfully disagree. I think the WR position, as a whole, is deeper than it has ever been. There are so many guys out there that are going to put up WR2/3 numbers, that, I think, you can take QBs and TEs higher in drafts this year, than in years past. As for your specific question, here is a list of 2nd Year and "under the radar" guys I would keep en eye out for:

2nd Year WR

Allen Robinson
Cody Lattimer
Jarvis Landry
Devante Adams
John Brown
Donte Moncrief
Jeff Janis

Under the Radar Guys

Marvin Jones
Micheal Floyd
Pierre Garcon
Torry Smith
Stevie Johnson
Eddie Royal
Terrance Williams
Brian Quick

Hope that gets you started and helps.

bigdog
DRAFT SHARK

Re: Lack of good WR

Postby bigdog » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:20 pm

I think the GB wr situation as just got a bit murkier. I think they are going to keep guys like janis and montgomery around, but the acquisition of james jones has me thinking he has already tied up the 3rd spot. Guess we have to wait until the first game or so to find out, but I see him as having the spot and then them mixing in janis or ty slowly after a lead is built.

Another guy I'm liking is marvin jones. Of course I just passed on him in a move when I dropped my flier on wayne to grab ty montgomery, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled for him.
QB – R.Wilson,J.McCown,D.Watson***
RB – D.Martin,D.Lewis,R.Burkhead,T.Cohen,J.Stewart,Jon Williams**,C.McCaffrey***,J.Howard**, D.Cobb*
WR/TE – D.Adams,S.Diggs,M.Crabtree,M.Lee,V.Davis,J.Reed,C.Clay,J.Strong*
K – H.Butker,J.Lambo
DEF – Chiefs, Broncos
* - Free Keeper until ’17,** - Free Keeper until ’18,*** - Free Keeper until ‘19

4 pts – pass td , -0.5 for int
6 pts – rush/rec td
0.5 pts - ppr
1 pt – 45 yds pass, 2 pt bonus @ 300 yds
1 pt – 15 yards rush/rec,1 pt bonus @ 100 yds rush,3 pt bonus @ 100 yds rec

Return to “*Mad* or *Glad* Thread”