Vet Poll #6 Jamal Lewis

Post all NFL, fantasy team or roster-related polls here. A new room just for polling!

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Jamal Lewis. Fate of this vet ?

Suprising workhorse of Browns offense for 2+ years.
17%
1,000+ yards, 6+ TDs in '07 ( little contribution to PPR )
39%
Hard miles delegate J-Lew to RBBC while a Brown.
39%
Jail, I/R, or just too slow.
6%

Total votes: 18

Old School
DRAFT SHARK

Vet Poll #6 Jamal Lewis

Postby Old School » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:46 am

Another guy who makes and/or breaks seasons. This year he can be had at an affordable price. The bandwagon is more like an ox-cart these days. He sneakily will be running behind a very promising up-and-coming O-line and an offense who features three young stars in Winslow Jr. , Edwards, and Quinn. He came into the league young and had a little break from NFL wear & tear while incarcerated. His biggest flaws are he may have lost a bit of speed, he dances too much in the hole, and has to play Baltimore and Pittsburgh twice a year. A nightmare for any RB.

He has never been a threat to recieve ( although Jamal owners can remember in his prime when he would break 1 or 2 screens a year for 60+ ). He is getting that proverbial second chance. Let's see what he does with it. I think we all agree Wright and Harrison pose no immediate threat to the tank.

Jamal Lewis

Years as starter: 6
1,000 yard rushing seasons: 5 ( one 2,000 !!! )
10+ TD seasons : 1
Max reception season: 47
Can a dying member of the undefeated Dolphins PLEASE Nancy Kerrigan Brady on his way out of practice ? Or Jack Ruby him. Whatever's available to you.

Hollywood
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hollywood » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:48 am

I do think he'll put up average to above average stats, similar to last year.

Old School
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Old School » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:48 am

A decent '07 season as a RB2 or RB3 , but his lack of speed and hands will send the Browns searching for an RB to draft or sign and we'll see Jamal in an RBBC in '08.

Sneaky good starter in '07 though.....
Can a dying member of the undefeated Dolphins PLEASE Nancy Kerrigan Brady on his way out of practice ? Or Jack Ruby him. Whatever's available to you.

rwood37
DRAFT SHARK

Postby rwood37 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:53 am

While I was on the Jamal Lewis bandwagon last year, I think he is a total bust this year. There are very few places he can be that are worse than Clelveland and he's just done.

No one is every undraftable for me but Lewis is as close to blacklisted as a player can get.

Dom1964
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Dom1964 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:53 am

instead of shredding the Cleve D twice a year, he now gets to run into the Raven D twice a year... not a good trade off from a production standpoint... I see a long year for Jamal... a lot of carries, not a lot of yards or td's...
the opinion expressed above is for entertainment purposes only and is in no way meant to imply that I know what the Hell I am talking about!

ccorey12
Tiger Shark

Postby ccorey12 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:06 pm

I have mixed feelings about Jamal. If he could get rid of those nagging injuries he's had the past few years and if the 15 pounds he lost improves his quickness, he could put up some decent numbers. Losing 15 pounds would probably make a lot of people much quicker. He had 314-1132-9 last year with a putrid 3.6 ypc. I'd be happy with those numbers from Jamal especially if the carries were cut by 25 and the ypc subsequently went up.

I voted for the RBBC because I think it could be a positive situation for Jamal and he could still put up decent numbers. The best thing for the Browns would be to give him about 15-18 carries a game and all the goalline carries while bringing in Wright and Harrison. This would be best for fantasy owners of Jamal too. Jamal's fading but hasn't faded yet.

JYD
DRAFT SHARK

Postby JYD » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:30 pm

Low expectations will be rewarded.

Nice point Dom..."he now gets to run into the Raven D twice a year"
"People aren't used to this in Kansas City. Get over it, it happens, it's called life,'' -- Herm Edwards
Gee and all this time we thought it was bad coaching.

Old School
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Old School » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:17 am

In order to be a value at his current ADP all he has to do is squeeze out 8 - 10 TD's and average 75 - 80 yards a week. Not unlikely.

He'll be given many touches and that's what I look for. I'd rather have this vet at an 8th round value netting close to 1,000 and a bunch of force-fed goaline TD's than blow a high-mid pick on a youngster who has wheels but will inevitably share time with another back who will get a share of the workload. When you swing for the fences often you often strike out. Just call me a strong number 2 hitter. .345 , 18 HR's , 40 doubles, 90 RBI's. Make contact and be clutch.

AScopa77
DRAFT SHARK

Postby AScopa77 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:03 am

too old/slow THE END

Juggernaut
Rookie

Postby Juggernaut » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:21 am

I voted for #2 I think he will hit those numbers, but I think he will be a beast in the second half of the season after the O line has a chance to gel some.

rocco
DRAFT SHARK

Postby rocco » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:18 pm

hard miles for me.........lewis represents little value any longer
Joey Harrington, lead singer of the Foo Fighters

14 Team Dynasty,
Cutler, Jason campbell
LT, Westbrook, Perry, Jacobs, Moats, Turner, kenny irons, garret wolfe
Wayne, Housh, Parrish, Sin Moss, Stovall, Hackett, craig davis
LJ Smith, Utecht, Schoebel
Janikoski

Lonstertag
Reef Shark

Postby Lonstertag » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:01 pm

#2 for me here, I think he has a decent but not great season. I think ideal scenario for him is as RB3 with upside to give RB2 #'s. I think if he has overcome the nagging ankle issues, he will be a nice pickup at a bargain price.

drawback tho' as mentioned by Dom1964, he doesn't get to face Cleveland's defense twice a year anymore, didn't he get over 500 yards in his 2 games against them in his monster season? Will be lucky to get 200 yards in the replacment games this year against his old Ravens teammates in those games
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

"HIT IT!"

Return to “Polls, Polls, Polls”