Last poll. Vet poll #10 Thomas Jones

Post all NFL, fantasy team or roster-related polls here. A new room just for polling!

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Thomas Jones. Fate of this vet ?

" The Answer " in NYC. 2-3 years as solid starter. Strong RB2.
16
62%
1,000+ yards, 6+ TDs in '07. RBBC from '08 on.
7
27%
Leon Washington needed to spell him more than anticipated.
0
No votes
Bears' O-line and system made TJ look good. Ugly '07 season.
3
12%
 
Total votes: 26

User avatar
Old School
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2053
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:49 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Last poll. Vet poll #10 Thomas Jones

Postby Old School » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:30 am

The incredible bulk gets a shot to shine with no highly touted draft pick behind him. His recent play has earned him a chance in the Big Apple. A few more weapons in NYJ as opposed to Chicago. Leon Washington and C. Houston aren't neccessarily threatening competition ( although Leon may see many third downs ). Not an every-down-back, but what do you expect for 4th/5th round value ? Possibly a steal at that ADP.

The job is his to lose. Just stay healthy and you'll get a steady diet of footballs ! His age very deceptive too. Not much use early on.

Thomas Jones

Age: 29
Years as starter: 3
1,000 yard rushing seasons: 2
10+ Td seasons: 0
Max reception season: 56

In a streetfight I'd take TJ above these other 10 vets hands-down.
Can a dying member of the undefeated Dolphins PLEASE Nancy Kerrigan Brady on his way out of practice ? Or Jack Ruby him. Whatever's available to you.

User avatar
Old School
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2053
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:49 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Postby Old School » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:32 am

My hunch says he'll do well. Playing in close games/ or while ahead and in cold weather may suit him. Will flirt with 10 TD's and 1,200 yards from '07 to '08 ( '09 ?? ). Leon is change of pace back and never a threat to his job.
Houston should be made Fullback over B.J. Askew.

Pennington/Clemens will allow/hinder his success over the next 3 years.
Can a dying member of the undefeated Dolphins PLEASE Nancy Kerrigan Brady on his way out of practice ? Or Jack Ruby him. Whatever's available to you.

Dom1964
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2690
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:38 am
Location: Portland, OR

Postby Dom1964 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:36 am

I think TJ will rock for the next two or three years! Really wanted to snag him in the FBDL, but no such luck :(
the opinion expressed above is for entertainment purposes only and is in no way meant to imply that I know what the Hell I am talking about!

rwood37
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 7581
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Phoenix AZ

Postby rwood37 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:44 am

Many are on the TJ bandwagon but I think he's going to be a major flop this year...

Dom1964
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2690
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:38 am
Location: Portland, OR

Postby Dom1964 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:45 am

rwood37 wrote:Many are on the TJ bandwagon but I think he's going to be a major flop this year...


wow! please share your line of thinking on this one...
the opinion expressed above is for entertainment purposes only and is in no way meant to imply that I know what the Hell I am talking about!

rwood37
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 7581
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Phoenix AZ

Postby rwood37 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:58 am

Dom1964 wrote:
rwood37 wrote:Many are on the TJ bandwagon but I think he's going to be a major flop this year...


wow! please share your line of thinking on this one...


I can't find it, but I read a VERY convincing article shortly after Jones was traded to NY focusing on the differences in the blocking schemes between Chicago and the NY Jets...

Further, Thomas Jones has been garbage his entire career with the exception of his last two years in Chicago. Was that because he just couldn't find his niche? Quite possibly... Or, was he a product of what Chicago did as the article I read heavily suggested? Not sure, but this is what I think.

Further, there's a big difference in divisions also. Buffalo might stink, but we're talking four games a year (minimum) against teams (Miami and NE) who can defend the run.

I know I'm in the minority but I'm just not a believer. It's a combination of his sporadic career and shifting out of a favorable division. Time will tell and I'll certainly take my lumps if I'm wrong :) It's just as much of a gut feeling as it is anything I can quantify.

Dom1964
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2690
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:38 am
Location: Portland, OR

Postby Dom1964 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:07 am

rwood37 wrote:
Dom1964 wrote:
rwood37 wrote:Many are on the TJ bandwagon but I think he's going to be a major flop this year...


wow! please share your line of thinking on this one...


I can't find it, but I read a VERY convincing article shortly after Jones was traded to NY focusing on the differences in the blocking schemes between Chicago and the NY Jets...

Further, Thomas Jones has been garbage his entire career with the exception of his last two years in Chicago. Was that because he just couldn't find his niche? Quite possibly... Or, was he a product of what Chicago did as the article I read heavily suggested? Not sure, but this is what I think.

Further, there's a big difference in divisions also. Buffalo might stink, but we're talking four games a year (minimum) against teams (Miami and NE) who can defend the run.

I know I'm in the minority but I'm just not a believer. It's a combination of his sporadic career and shifting out of a favorable division. Time will tell and I'll certainly take my lumps if I'm wrong :) It's just as much of a gut feeling as it is anything I can quantify.


fair enough....

I think you could apply the same logic in reverse... he sucked when he was with sucky teams (didnt he start in AZ? sorry) and improved when he got to a better team...

I dont expect the Jets to win the Super Bowl, but I think they will be competitive...

be interesting to see how others feel about this one, and how it actually plays out...
the opinion expressed above is for entertainment purposes only and is in no way meant to imply that I know what the Hell I am talking about!

Donnie Brasco
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 1748
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:13 am
Contact:

Postby Donnie Brasco » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:19 am

I don't expect TJ to explode but he will have a very productive season.. I see

260 carries for 1066 yrds with 7 TDs
24rec. for 175 with 1 TD.

User avatar
Old School
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2053
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:49 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Postby Old School » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:30 am

rwood37 wrote: It's a combination of his sporadic career and shifting out of a favorable division. Time will tell and I'll certainly take my lumps if I'm wrong :) It's just as much of a gut feeling as it is anything I can quantify.


Do favorable divisions usually have a #1 defense vs. the run ? ( Minnesota ) :shock:
Can a dying member of the undefeated Dolphins PLEASE Nancy Kerrigan Brady on his way out of practice ? Or Jack Ruby him. Whatever's available to you.

User avatar
Hollywood
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 3695
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:05 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby Hollywood » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:33 am

Jones is another guy I see putting up solid numbers next year, however they won't be eye-popping.

User avatar
JYD
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2282
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:56 pm
Location: Kansas City

Postby JYD » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:11 pm

I'm not convinced that he's not the same Thomas Jones we saw in Arizona and Tampa. Gotta go along with rwood on this one, Chicago was an aberration.
"People aren't used to this in Kansas City. Get over it, it happens, it's called life,'' -- Herm Edwards
Gee and all this time we thought it was bad coaching.

rwood37
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 7581
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Phoenix AZ

Postby rwood37 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:25 pm

Old School wrote:
rwood37 wrote: It's a combination of his sporadic career and shifting out of a favorable division. Time will tell and I'll certainly take my lumps if I'm wrong :) It's just as much of a gut feeling as it is anything I can quantify.


Do favorable divisions usually have a #1 defense vs. the run ? ( Minnesota ) :shock:


Eh, can they sustain is the question (?). I don't know... Even still, they are the only team. He would have run wild on the other two cream puff teams in that division (although Green Bay is getting better). Besides, even looking at the NFC vs. the AFC, I'd much rather be a runner in the NFC (generally weaker conference overall).

User avatar
Old School
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2053
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:49 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Postby Old School » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:48 pm

I know. Lol , just screwing with you. Tomlin's departure should end the Vikes short stint at #1 vs. the rush.
Can a dying member of the undefeated Dolphins PLEASE Nancy Kerrigan Brady on his way out of practice ? Or Jack Ruby him. Whatever's available to you.

User avatar
Carolina Hustler
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 3179
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:47 pm
Location: East Coast

Postby Carolina Hustler » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:51 pm

1,000+ yards, 6+ TDs in '07. RBBC from '08 on.

tomtom
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 3166
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:47 am
Location: SD, CA

Postby tomtom » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:08 pm

I voted for Option 2 in this one, although I think there's a decent chance that Jones is the Jets' lead back in '08, too. I'm just not sold on him being in the #12-15 range for RBs during that time.


Return to “Polls, Polls, Polls”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest