WR 4th Round Study

Post all NFL, fantasy team or roster-related polls here. A new room just for polling!

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Which WR will land on your team?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:57 pm

Andre Johnson
40%
M Colston
40%
D Driver
4%
L Evans
16%

Total votes: 25

Fesh Jimmy
DRAFT SHARK

WR 4th Round Study

Postby Fesh Jimmy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:57 pm

All these guys are projected ADP late 4th round. Let's assume that a run on WRs will begin as soon as you select one, so careful picking!

AScopa77
DRAFT SHARK

Postby AScopa77 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:30 pm

Colston slightly ahead of Driver

Meadows
Blue Shark

Postby Meadows » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:36 pm

i would take andre of these players,

colston is a hot commodity and he may be the real deal or he could be the flash in the pan from last year.

driver can be had later, he is often under valued by all

Evans is another that has shown potential but he has not yet produced consistantly

Andre on the other hand has produced with little in the backfield and very little across from him, assuming the schaub can do more then carr and green keeps the safties honest, perhaps one of the young wr's will step up. I'll take Andre

Hollywood
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hollywood » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:16 pm

I'll take Colston. He's big, fast, and a nice target around the goal line. He is also on the more prolific offense which is key. The other offense's will have days they completely stink.

JYD
DRAFT SHARK

Postby JYD » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:29 pm

It would be hard to pass up AJ but I would probably take Colston.
"People aren't used to this in Kansas City. Get over it, it happens, it's called life,'' -- Herm Edwards
Gee and all this time we thought it was bad coaching.

Ray Pollett
Great White

Postby Ray Pollett » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:44 pm

No way AJ last to the 4th in a 12 teamer. Expect Lee and Colston to go shortly in late 2nd to early 4th. driver to go later, late 4th to 6th.

Should be able to get AJ or Lee and Driver if you want. I like Lee only slightly better than AJ. I take Lee 1st.

tomtom
DRAFT SHARK

Postby tomtom » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:45 pm

I haven't hesitated to take Colston in the late 3rd/early 4th in the mock drafts I've done, ahead of the other three guys, so I have to go with Marques on this one.

Old School
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Old School » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:39 pm

Agreed. AJ would never drop this low , especially in a 12 teamer. If he does drop to the fourth in a 10 team and you have three killer RB's , laugh in the face of the opposition.

I know AJ's shortcomings, but in the 4th round all WR's have 'em. I still maintain it will be a tough year #2 for Colston and need a 7th round suprise to show me consistant production at a high level before I'm on board. I'm not drafting the next Herman Moore ( based on size and production, I don't know where Herman was drafted ). Wide open offenses loaded with weapons tend to make huge targets look quite better than they are. Let's see how he deals with DC's keying on him ( & Bush ). Brees goes down hurt and it all comes apart in NO. I'm not down with that.

Gimme AJ then Evans.
Can a dying member of the undefeated Dolphins PLEASE Nancy Kerrigan Brady on his way out of practice ? Or Jack Ruby him. Whatever's available to you.

Blue Shark

Postby 13 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:39 pm

I fear the Sophomore slump. I'd go with AJ for sure.

jgsprout
Blue Shark

Postby jgsprout » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:08 pm

13 wrote:I fear the Sophomore slump. I'd go with AJ for sure.

I completely agree.

I like AJ in this scenerio (4th Rd) and then I'd take Driver/Evans in Round 5.

Juggernaut
Rookie

Postby Juggernaut » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:36 pm

I am betting on no Sophomore slump and taking Colston. In the 4th round in a league with people that know what they are doing you would be surfing for a #2 WR and Colston would be solid. Even if he slumps, he won't fall out of a starting #2.

Fesh Jimmy
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Fesh Jimmy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:24 pm

Juggernaut wrote:I am betting on no Sophomore slump and taking Colston. In the 4th round in a league with people that know what they are doing you would be surfing for a #2 WR and Colston would be solid. Even if he slumps, he won't fall out of a starting #2.

I agree. Colston and the Saint offense is only getting better. I've owned Andre for a few years now, and it just seems that his awesome physical skills are brought down to Frank Sanders ypc levels with that offensive line- a new QB may bring ugly transitions (see Volek, Brooks, Holcomb in the past few years)

Valhalla
Blue Shark

Postby Valhalla » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:01 pm

I voted for Colston as well.

I have a feeling he won't make it to the 4th round though in a lot of leagues.
HangEm' High 2005 FFL Champion

Derek Anderson in purple 2008!

Larry Fitzgerald in purple 2008!

Stormy
Tiger Shark

Postby Stormy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:36 pm

In this situation I go with the most dynamic offense. colston by a long shot. Evans and AJ are a toss up. Both offenses have question marks. We know AJ had chemistry with Carr and was one of the hottest targets in the league, there is no guarentee that continues with Schaubb. Evans is a speed reciever with huge upside, but Losman has yet to step up and prove himself.

Colston
AJ
Evans
Driver

Return to “Polls, Polls, Polls”