Back-up QB for 07 and Beyond: Ben, Alex, JP

Post all NFL, fantasy team or roster-related polls here. A new room just for polling!

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Which QB

Big Ben
100%
JP Losman
No votes

Total votes: 5

Onefiver
DRAFT SHARK

Back-up QB for 07 and Beyond: Ben, Alex, JP

Postby Onefiver » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:14 pm

I am making a trade in hopes of benefiting my team this year and over the next few. In this trade, I am giving up FWP and Rivers for Addai.

It may seem a little steep, but I lose FWP after this season, and would have Addai through 2009. However, since I am giving up Rivers, I need to grab a suitable back-up QB for at least this year. My trade choices (from a third team involved in this trade) are:

Alex Smith
JP Losman
Big Ben

I like Losman as a breakout player this year, but there is some definite risk. Alex might be a nice sleeper-type QB, but his receivers are questionable (injured, over-hyped, young). Big Ben has promise, but he is kinda like Losman in that there is a lot of upside and potential - can he put it all together on the field?
*** COMING SOON ***

Informative. Entertaining. PlayAction Podcast.

www.playactionpodcast.com

Hollywood
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hollywood » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:54 pm

I'm not sure I'm 100% Losman is the Bills #1 QB of the future. He has a lot of upside but I could easily see them drafting another QB next year. You know that SF and Pitt are sold on their QB's. It's just a matter of them maturing more before they start getting into the upper tiers in FF circles. I'd probably go with Ben but Alex wouldn't be a bad choice either.

JYD
DRAFT SHARK

Postby JYD » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:07 pm

I think I'd have to go with Alex. He really made a big improvement last year. 8)
"People aren't used to this in Kansas City. Get over it, it happens, it's called life,'' -- Herm Edwards
Gee and all this time we thought it was bad coaching.

rwood37
DRAFT SHARK

Postby rwood37 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:28 pm

JYD wrote:I think I'd have to go with Alex. He really made a big improvement last year. 8)

I agree. Long term, Smith seems to be the guy but if you're looking for more of a short term return I'd say Roethlisberger.

Old School
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Old School » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:19 pm

I wish I could split my vote in half for Big Ben and Alex. I picked Ben . I believe he will secure himself as a 8 - 12th ranked QB for the next two years. I doubt he'll ever really be a top 5. Seems hard to imagine.
Can a dying member of the undefeated Dolphins PLEASE Nancy Kerrigan Brady on his way out of practice ? Or Jack Ruby him. Whatever's available to you.

tomtom
DRAFT SHARK

Postby tomtom » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:59 pm

Ben by a eyelash over Alex. Once you get past Hines and DJax, I think the Steelers' receiving corps is better than SF's. I don't think the advantage that VD has over Heath Miller outweighs the advantage that Holmes, Washington, and Cedrick Wilson represent over all Niner WRs not named Darrell Jackson.

Return to “Polls, Polls, Polls”