Which RB would you take as your #1?

Post all NFL, fantasy team or roster-related polls here. A new room just for polling!

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Jacobs
50%
Edge
33%
Portis
4%
Thomas Jones
13%

Total votes: 24

CaptainO
Tiger Shark

Postby CaptainO » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:24 pm

Got the 14th pick in a 14 team league with 1 keeper (must be drafted 6th round or later). Unfortunately, FWP-Gore-Henry-MJD are all keepers. The top RBs that will probabbly be around at the end of the first are:

Jacobs: Love the TD potential, but not so sure about the yards or the GMen as a whole.

Edge: Not a sexy pick, but he is pretty much the only guy of this group that is guaranteed 300 touches....is that going to matter? Has their O-Line improved enough?

Portis: Tough because in a 14 team league I would have to handcuff Betts really early (hopefully he's still there in the 5th), and that's not necessarily something I would like to do.

Thomas Jones: How much is Leon going to steal from him?

Is it worth it to go with one of these guys or do I snag WR-WR (CJ/Stevonne/Wayne/TO)? Two of those four should be there. Come back with RBs the next 3 picks in a row, possibly land DeAngelo/Ahman/Lamont?

My keeper is Palmer. Scoring is no PPR with bonus for length of TDs. Start 1-2-3(WR/TE)-1-1

Tainter
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Tainter » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:43 pm

None...i would take Ronnie Brown if hes there...otherwise if i have to choose from that list...I will go Jacobs because hes the only one you dont know what you will be getting...and with this group that would be a good thing...im not saying these guys are bad they are great #3s, solid #2s...but not even close to being #1s in my opinion.
"You haven't truly failed until you have blamed someone else."

Hollywood
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hollywood » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:44 pm

I'd go Jacobs hands down in a non-ppr league. The thing you should be able to count on with Jacobs is scoring.

Meadows
Blue Shark

Postby Meadows » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:29 pm

jacobs then Jones followed by james

jacobs based on potential and schedule

Jones has enough talent, we just don't know how he will be used
will his #'s increase or decrease now that there are threats on the outside.

James will get his the question is which james will we see.

Portis, rumors of knee issues again already, I wouldn't touch him.

Fesh Jimmy
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Fesh Jimmy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:15 pm

WR-WR

Dom1964
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Dom1964 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:18 pm

no ppr, go jacobs
the opinion expressed above is for entertainment purposes only and is in no way meant to imply that I know what the Hell I am talking about!

Old School
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Old School » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:18 pm

Fesh Jimmy wrote:WR-WR

I'd normally go with this, but a 14 team draft can really hurt you if you don't get your RB's. It's bad enough in a 12 team.
Can a dying member of the undefeated Dolphins PLEASE Nancy Kerrigan Brady on his way out of practice ? Or Jack Ruby him. Whatever's available to you.

CaptainO
Tiger Shark

Postby CaptainO » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:50 pm

Old School wrote:
Fesh Jimmy wrote:WR-WR

I'd normally go with this, but a 14 team draft can really hurt you if you don't get your RB's. It's bad enough in a 12 team.

Thats where my thinking is going at the moment. I am really scared that when it gets back to me on the next turn I could possibly be stuck choosing from guys like T.Bell, Chester Taylor, Julius Jones, etc. This is obviously worst case scenario but I don't envision myself taking that chance.

Return to “Polls, Polls, Polls”