Lendale White vs. Brandon Jackson vs. Lamont Jordan

Post all NFL, fantasy team or roster-related polls here. A new room just for polling!

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Poll ended at Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:52 am

Lendale White
57%
Brandon Jackson
No votes
Lamont Jordan
43%

Total votes: 14

SPEEDKILLS
DRAFT SHARK

Postby SPEEDKILLS » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:52 am

Just trying to make final adjustments to my list here -- any thoughts on these 3?

rwood37
DRAFT SHARK

Postby rwood37 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:55 am

White (Fisher typically gives the load to one RB and White appears to be that guy)
Jackson (very talented but could split time with Morency which is why he's not #1 for me).
Jordan (just can't put him ahead of players on what I feel will be better teams. Further, could split times when Dom Rhodes gets back).

GreekLightnin
DRAFT SHARK

Postby GreekLightnin » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:13 am

I think Lamont should get a pass for last year. Chalk it upto having the deck stacked against him. I cant see any situation outside of injury where the "young bull" is overtaken by journeyman Dom Rhodes. That cat didn't even look that great last year in the best situation possible.

That said, I'd go
Lamont who will have the job sewn up by week 4
Jackson
Lendale - he's still a little immature. I can see him getting benched for doing something stupid.
"I'd take the 15-1 1998 Vikings over the 15-1 1985 Bears anyday!!!!"

www.dynastyrogues.com

SPEEDKILLS
DRAFT SHARK

Postby SPEEDKILLS » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:15 am

That's how I currently have 'em Greek, after being swayed by preseason young bull Lamont Jordan play.

JYD
DRAFT SHARK

Postby JYD » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:06 pm

Agree with Greek and Speed. I've seen enough good things from Lamont this pre-season to go with him (even though drafting a Raider always leaves me somewhat nauseous).
"People aren't used to this in Kansas City. Get over it, it happens, it's called life,'' -- Herm Edwards
Gee and all this time we thought it was bad coaching.

dawg
Blue Shark

Postby dawg » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:24 pm

gotta go with lamont here.he finally has a coach who knows how to use him and he has a line which changed to a zone blocking scheme,which definitely fits his style much better.

sw5709@bellsouth.net
Great White

Postby sw5709@bellsouth.net » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:16 pm

All three are a reach of a different sort. One common trait is that they all play for teams that are Pre-season Consensus Picks to be at home watching The Post Season Playoffs.
I personally never like it when I am forced to play an RB from a losing team. Only Walter Peyton and Barry Sanders come to mind as Fantasy Producers at RB on bad teams, and they are HALL OF FAMERS!
White showed us something last night, perhaps for the first and last time, that would make him the Titan's starter. But I do not believe he has any dominant upside potential for 2007. In keeper and dynasty leagues he is definately worth a roster spot and low-end RB2 or flex, but who is to say Chris Brown doesn't steal the touches between the twenties and/or Lendale's questioning work ethic re-surfaces before October. Or those nagging injuries. In any event his upside in a perfect world is probably the best of the three. I had him on my salary cap keeper team since college and our rules for re-signing im would have made him too expensive for what he has shown.
LaMont is a Raider. The second negative is that he is on the Raiders offense. The third one is He is a Raider.
Brandon Jackson, even with VM down, is too raw for everydown work but is a "smart" choice in that IF he turns out to be anywhere near the player Ahman Green was for the Pack, he'll have a great second half of the year as the cream rises to the top.
Joseph Hart, formerly of The VIEW, FF mag and web site. 1995 FFI Experts Poll Champs.
What I once used to do all night, now takes all night to do once

fitz11
Great White

Postby fitz11 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:24 pm

I am going to go Lendale due to his schedule. I see it going

Lendale
Lamont
Brandon Jackson

johnv
Blue Shark

Postby johnv » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:52 am

I like Lendale, Lamont, Jackson.

Lendale will be given every opportunity to succeed. Fisher just seems to have soured on Brown.

Lamont, well, I may give him a pass for last season, but Kiffin didn't sign Rhodes to a big offer to sit him.

Jackson is an unknown. I don't think Morency will be back soon, but is Green Bay that good? I am not convinced.
The Denver Broncos deserve more than 1 Hall of Famer!!!

League1-
QB- Favre
RB- Frank Gore, Lendale White, Kevin Jones, Fred Taylor, Tatum Bell, Chris Henry
WR- FITZ, BRAYLON, Crayton, Curry
TE- Watson, Sheffler
PK- Kris Brown
DEF- Dallas, Seattle, NYJ
League2-
QB- Bulger, Cutler
RB- Gore, FWP, Jacobs, Derrick Ward
WR- Hines Ward, Lee Evans, Shaun Macdonald, Crayton
TE- Sheffler
DEF- Dallas, Green Bay

SPEEDKILLS
DRAFT SHARK

Postby SPEEDKILLS » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:05 pm

johnv wrote:Lendale will be given every opportunity to succeed. Fisher just seems to have soured on Brown.

Then again, TN resigned Chris Brown. I don't have the link, but I recently read where Fisher says there will be a RBBC regardless of who is the official starter. That said, I think I'll stack 'em as I had, Lamont, then Lendale, then Jackson.

Return to “Polls, Polls, Polls”