Do you subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket?

Post all NFL, fantasy team or roster-related polls here. A new room just for polling!

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Which option best fits your NFL Sunday Ticket viewing?

I am a subscriber to NFL Sunday Ticket
49%
I have DirecTV but do not subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket
24%
I don't have DirecTV (and thus cannot purchase NFL Sunday Ticket)
27%

Total votes: 41

ACG2x
Blue Shark

Do you subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket?

Postby ACG2x » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:32 am

I think for the most part, "The Ticket" is mainly purchased by fantasy football players to watch their entire team each Sunday.

Personally, I have been a subscriber for three years and love every second of it.

How about it Sharks? Which poll option best fits your NFL Sunday Ticket viewing?

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:20 pm

I think the "idea" of having the Sunday Ticket is much better than actually having it. In other words, I think about getting it every year, but, I never pull the trigger and don't seem to really miss it once the season gets going. I can "watch" all of my players on nfl.com play by play while watching whatever games the network boys throw at me. Wouldn't mind the NFL Network, though. Moving in 2 weeks, so I will have to look into that. :wink:
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), T Taylor (WW)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) A Kamara (16) Darkwa (WW) Burkhead (WW)
Woodhead (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) J Doctson (WW) C Davis (WW) J Gordon (WW) K Cupp (WW)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

calshamus
DRAFT SHARK

Postby calshamus » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:00 pm

I've had it for many years, but I'm growing tired of the monopoly and excessive charges/increases.

I'm seriously considering dropping it.

At ~$275 + $100 isn't a huge amount of money, but ~ %15 increase year after year for the same service is pissing me off big time. I hate monopolies where they can just rape you without fear.

Cal
8/26/08 - good times, l8r days ya'll

Dom1964
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Dom1964 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:28 am

I have Direct, but no ticket...

I think if had the ticket, I would make myself crazy flipping chanells every 10 seconds.... I am cool with watching whats on, and checking my league websites during commercials... dont need to spend ANOTHER $300 on football, my wife is an understanding woman, but why push it?
the opinion expressed above is for entertainment purposes only and is in no way meant to imply that I know what the Hell I am talking about!

Mr.Blonde
Reef Shark

Postby Mr.Blonde » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:09 am

Dom1964 wrote:I think if had the ticket, I would make myself crazy flipping chanells every 10 seconds

That what it was like for me when I had it. It was like fantasy crack.

misterzero
Rookie

Postby misterzero » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:15 am

I had it for 2 straight years and, amazingly, I felt like I missed more stuff than I watched. I was flipping channels back and forth so much, I couldn't tell who was doing what.

And the DVR Directv box changes channels so...slowly...it was driving me crazy, not to mention my freinds and wife.

Plus, I could probably find something better to spend 250 on.
I could be the walrus, I'd still have to bum rides from people.

montanaxvi
Blue Shark

Postby montanaxvi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:33 am

I have DTV, but cannot justify the price for the ticket.

I do get the baseball package with superfan (it is almost as high as NFL) but with so many more games to watch almost every friggin day it just seems a little easier to justify.

I will say I cannot stand the FOX ESPN exclusive weekend rights. FOX has national rights to all Sat. day games (so they can shove Yankees/Red Sox down our throats 19 times a year) and ESPN has exclusive Sun. night rights for their Sunday night baseball program. So on Sat. day (until 7PM I think) and on Sun. night (7pm and up) your baseball ticket is useless, but the rest of the week it is golden.
He...Could...Go...All...the....Way..........But he doesn't

calshamus
DRAFT SHARK

Postby calshamus » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:13 pm

I'm seriously leaning toward kicking DTV and the ticket to the curb. Just for the principle of it.

Cal
8/26/08 - good times, l8r days ya'll

homer
DRAFT SHARK

Postby homer » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:09 pm

I have DTV and I use to have the Ticket for 5 years. Then it just started to cost more and more and more, so I cancelled it about 4 years ago. I dont really miss it cause of the higlights and update scoring everyone does now.

Dueligan
Tiger Shark

Postby Dueligan » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:54 pm

I have a friend that has it and loves it.

Although he only had it for 2 years before he moved to Cali and now to Penn for his job. So now he basically needs it to ensure that he can follow our beloved Patriots.

I gotta say though that the times I was at his house for games I was unimpressed. It always seemed like a lot of bother for nothing. All that switching from game to game and never really "watching" any one game.
It is impossible to win the great prizes of life without running risks.
- Theodore Roosevelt

It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.
Abraham Lincoln
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

hughesmiester
Reef Shark

Postby hughesmiester » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:07 pm

This is going on my third year having it, and I absolutely love it. I don't know what everyone is talking about by switching channels, just keep it on either the Red Zone channel or even the Mix Channel (see 8 games at once). I never have to flip around, between having my laptop set up next to me with the stats of my players, and the red zone channel, if something big happens, it gets switched over to the channel anyways.

PINETAR
Rookie

Postby PINETAR » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:58 am

Just my two cents. I have DirecTV and had the ticket a few years ago. I loved it for that year and had not missed since then. I just listen to the national sports talk radio stations to inform me of what is going on around the league. Personally, that is good enough for me. I would not mind having only the red zone channel though.

Gnish
Rookie

Postby Gnish » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:11 am

I've had it for 5+ years as I'm a Bronco's fan living in Kansas City. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't be watching the Bronco's, but the Chiefs or Dallas and whomever they play (they're always ON!).

I don't do a lot of switching, but I do have TiVo as well, so I usually watch one, record another and flip if I really need to, or if the game I'm currently watching sucks. I felt like CBS during the NCAA tournament a few times when I would switch to catch the last 5 minutes of a nail biter.

But anymore with the NFL network showing their games of the week, you can usually catch a good game with inside commentary from players and such, I just don't like that they'll fast forward too much sometimes (takes me out of the game flow).

BeachBum
Rookie

Postby BeachBum » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:43 pm

misterzero wrote:I had it for 2 straight years and, amazingly, I felt like I missed more stuff than I watched. I was flipping channels back and forth so much, I couldn't tell who was doing what.

And the DVR Directv box changes channels so...slowly...it was driving me crazy, not to mention my freinds and wife.

Plus, I could probably find something better to spend 250 on.

I just canceled mine two weeks ago. It sounds great, but the slow channel changes and flipping from game to game to game keep you from really getting into the flow of a single game. And after the $$$ you pay for it, you'll find yourself shooting daggers at the wife if she suggests doing ANYTHING besides the tube on Sundays. Only real positive, is you get to watch "your" team every week

HeadFirst
Rookie

sunday ticket

Postby HeadFirst » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:10 pm

I also get all the games on Sunday Ticket, but I don't know what this slow channel changing is all about.
My channels change instantly. It's the commercials that drive me nuts, therefore I change channels constantly.
I didn't realize it cost that much because my kid works for Direct TV as a computer tech and I get it all for free. Oh yea, all the pay-per-view fights too, so I can't complain.
He rents my back house from me for $400 a month when I can easily get a grand, so I guess it's not really free, but it feels free since I send them no money. Hell, I've never even seen a bill.

Return to “Polls, Polls, Polls”