T.Edwards over Brees??

Post all NFL, fantasy team or roster-related polls here. A new room just for polling!

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Who to start?

Drew Brees vs. SF
80%
Trent Edwards vs. STL
20%

Total votes: 10

drmoyer421
Reef Shark

T.Edwards over Brees??

Postby drmoyer421 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:04 am

I have Brees and Trent with basic league scoring.
I have this gut feeling that this week the matchups call for me to start Trent Edwards over Drew Brees. I know both will probably put up some stats, but I feel Trent may be the safter play.

Drew is missing his weapons and will play a tough Clements and decent SF defense. He will be slinging as he always does, but I feel it will be tougher. This defense has gone against three pass happy type offenses in Arizona, Seattle, and Detroit. And held all three opposing QBs to under 200 yards and only ONE TD at most, with turnovers.

Trent and Buffalo will want to get off to a quick start early. The way to do that is to open the playbook and spread out the offense. Trent and other offensive personel critisized the conservatism of thier offense last week. And I feel they will want to prove the point. If they are up, they will run it. But at least he wont be turning the ball over and getting me negative points.

Am I crazy to want to start this young Buffalo QB over Brees??
.5pts per reception
1pt per 10 yards rush/rec.
1pt per 30 yards passing
6pts per TD

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:36 pm

I think your logic is sound, but I would still lean towards Brees because Buffalo could go up 21 in the first half and just hand the ball off to Lynch and Jackson in the second half. Brees may not have all of his weapons, but a dump-off pass to Bush that he takes 60 yards to the house still counts as a 60-yd TD pass.

Good Luck!
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), T Taylor (WW)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) A Kamara (16) Darkwa (WW) Burkhead (WW)
Woodhead (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) J Doctson (WW) C Davis (WW) J Gordon (WW) K Cupp (WW)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

Return to “Polls, Polls, Polls”