J Cutler - man or myth?

Post all NFL, fantasy team or roster-related polls here. A new room just for polling!

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Jay Cutler fantasy prospects 2009 - stud or dud?

1. STUD - Hester goin to pro bowl on Cutlers tab
60%
2. DUD - Cutler is an over-rated crybaby who will flop without B Marshall
40%

Total votes: 15

Dom1964
DRAFT SHARK

J Cutler - man or myth?

Postby Dom1964 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:51 am

I have had some pretty strong debates with a couple of my league mates regarding Jay Cutler and how the move to Chicago translates to Cutler's fantasy production....

one school of thought says Cutler is a stud and the drop-off will be minimal, he'll make Devin Hester a pro bowl wr...

on the other side, the argument is that without Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal, Cutler will become Eli-light at best.... Chicago's wr's suck so bad, they would make Tom Brady a back-up fantasy qb...

what say ye Sharks? I know which side I am on, but I'll keep that to myself until we get a few responses...
the opinion expressed above is for entertainment purposes only and is in no way meant to imply that I know what the Hell I am talking about!

Air Stich
DRAFT SHARK

Re: J Cutler - man or myth?

Postby Air Stich » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:04 pm

I'm a believer in Cutty's talent and ability to be a relevant fantasy QB for years to come. This year I think he will frustrate his owners more often than not, though. From a fantasy perspective, I think this year will be largely underwhelming with a couple big games sprinkled in to make his final numbers look respectable.

I don't really know which option to vote for, because I don't think either will be correct. Hester isn't going to be a Pro Bowler (especially in the loaded NFC) and I don't think Cutty's going to flop. I'll choose STUD, because ultimately I think he's going to be successful, even if it's not right away.

jklps
Blue Shark

Postby jklps » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:41 pm

How about "pretty good QB" with no targets except Forte and Olsen...so there will be a drop off(plus he won't through the ball 600 thousand times) but he could still be valuable.

Dom1964
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Dom1964 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:24 am

wow... only 2 votes... very disappointing...

anyway...I am not a real big Cutler fan, and I think he is going to be pretty miserable with the Bears.... he may rebound in a year or two if on of those young wr's like Iglesias or Knox turns into a stud... but this year? no way do I want him as my #1 qb.
the opinion expressed above is for entertainment purposes only and is in no way meant to imply that I know what the Hell I am talking about!

rwood37
DRAFT SHARK

Postby rwood37 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:03 am

Two extremes really... Stud or dud. I'd say he's not going to match last year's numbers but could still be 3500+ yards and 20 or so TDs because of his talent level. Elite players (I think Cutler falls into this category) have a way of elevating the mediocre play of those around them. Orton was quietly having a hell of a year before the high ankle sprain... Just sayin'.

Dom1964
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Dom1964 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:16 am

rwood37 wrote:. Orton was quietly having a hell of a year before the high ankle sprain... Just sayin'.

always thought this guy was a bit under-rated... should have been playing ahead of not-so-sexy-Rexy all along, IMO... could be in for a big year if B Marshall has his head on straight... but thats a whole 'nother subject for debate...

Sean1022
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Sean1022 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:10 pm

I chose stud but really think he will be in the middle somewhere. Hester won't be a pro bowl WR either...IMO, Bennett will have the best year among the Chicago WR's...but Olsen gets the biggest boost. I can see this being reminiscent of Gates in SD where he had big years and the WR's really weren't anything to write home about.
teams 1 and 2 - 1 pt 10 yds rushing/rec, 1 ppr, 6 td, 1 pt 25 yds passing, 4 tds

Team 1 (10 team) - start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te
qb: Brady, Wentz
rb: Dalvin Cook, B. Powell, J. White, A. Kamara
wr: Green, M. Thomas, B. Cooks, S. Diggs, T. Williams, JJ Nelson
te: Ertz, Doyle

team 2(10 team) - start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex (rb, wr, te)
qb: Mariota, Wilson
Rb: D. Murray, Fournette, D. Henry, Riddick
wr: A. Brown, K. Allen, S. Diggs, Crowder
te: stream

grandpa stud
Reef Shark

Postby grandpa stud » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:21 pm

I think Cutler will lean more toward the Stud side. Forte should benefit as well as Olson. They have better talent on the Offense than realized in the past because of poor QB play. Plus their Defense isn't what it used to be, their going to have to score some points this year to win ball games.
12 Team Redraft League

QB: Cutler, Leftwich, Leinart
RB: Gore, FWP, Lynch, J Davis, Bradshaw
WR; Moss, Boldin,Edwards, Moore, Henry, Nicks
TE; Carlson, Finley
K; K Brown, Prater
DEF; NYG, Atl

justin
Great White

Postby justin » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:16 pm

I like Cutler this year,i am taking a flyer on Hester not sure what his adp is but i think he could do well for a late rounder.
12 Team,no ppr.Start 1Q,2RB,2WR,1Flex,1k,1D
QB Brees,Rogers,RB AD,L White,Forte,C Johns-
on,L Washington WR Colston,Cal Johnson,Boss,A Bryant
ackson.K Vinateri.Giants D
16 team Big $$,1ppr,start 1Q,2RB,2WR,2Flex,1K,1D
QB T Thigpen,S hill,RB M Barber,R Bush,Hightower,D Ward,WR Colston,Calv Johnson,R White,A Bryant,D Cowboys,Car.,K Vinateri,Suisham

Return to “Polls, Polls, Polls”