QB Camp Wars

Post all NFL, fantasy team or roster-related polls here. A new room just for polling!

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Hammer
Blue Shark

QB Camp Wars

Postby Hammer » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:29 am

Who is more likely to win the job in each of these QB battles? Why?

The first listed QB's below are the underdogs. Which one makes the best grab in the last round of a start up fantasy draft?
That is my real question and I need to know very quickly!

1. T. Jax or S. Rosenfels in Minn.?

2. A. Smith or S. Hill in SF?

3. K. Clemens or M. Sanchez in NY?

4. C. Simms or K. Orton in Denver?

5. D Anderson or B. Quinn in Cleve?

6. B. Leftwich or L. McCown in TB?

7. J. Garcia...will he oust J. Russell at some point?
"A charging Rhino cannot see more than 31' in front of him and doesn't care what is there. But whatever is 32' in front of him better care!"

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Re: QB Camp Wars

Postby Hornsfan78 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:51 pm

Hammer, If I understand your real question, it is "which one of these guys should I take a flyer on at the end of a start up dynasty draft?".

Out of all of those guys, I think I like Sanchez the best long-term, but I think your point is he won't be there in the last round because he is the favorite to be the starter. So, out of the guys listed first, I think I would take a flyer on Chris Simms. He is a big kid (6'5', I think), with a heck of an arm. He earned a lot of respect from me in the toughness department when he finished a game with a lacerated spleen. :shock:

He got a bad rap coming out of college because he couldn't beat OU. Had a reputation in general of choking in the big games, mainly turnovers, but that was many years ago. I can't imagine that he hasn't matured a lot and learned a lot about the game from his vantage point over the past several years. AND he has a heck of a pedigree.

I don't know if he can beat out Orton or not, or if he will even get much of a chance in Denver, but I do know he could get the ball downfield to Marshall if given an opportunity.
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), T Taylor (WW)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) A Kamara (16) Darkwa (WW) Burkhead (WW)
Woodhead (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) J Doctson (WW) C Davis (WW) J Gordon (WW) K Cupp (WW)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

Hammer
Blue Shark

Re: QB Camp Wars

Postby Hammer » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:10 pm

Thanks for the reply, Hornfan78.

I must have not framed my post very well or clearly, but you did grasp it. The draft in question is 45 picks deep in a 12 team league, so NONE of the "favorites" are there but all of the the "challengers" are. Pretty amazing. So I wanted a recommendatio of those guys. Nate Davis is also available but probably won't see the field this year.

I finally narrowed it down to Alex Smith because from what I read he is at least the "inside the 49er organization" sentimental favorite. If that is true and if the battle is close, he should be able to get the nod even if he is slightly outperformed on the field.

Interesting observations about Simms. Alex Smith was nabbed earlier in the round so now I figure I'll take and stash Nate Davis, the rookied (other) SFO QB, or maybe go with Simms.
"A charging Rhino cannot see more than 31' in front of him and doesn't care what is there. But whatever is 32' in front of him better care!"

Return to “Polls, Polls, Polls”