Which draft spot is best in a 10 team league this year?

Post all NFL, fantasy team or roster-related polls here. A new room just for polling!

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

soonerxii
Rookie

Which draft spot is best in a 10 team league this year?

Postby soonerxii » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:03 pm

I've drawn the 5 spot, but I can probably trade down if I try...anyone have a "wish" list for which spot is best? Standard 10 team flex league

copeland2010
Rookie

Re: Which draft spot is best in a 10 team league this year?

Postby copeland2010 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:49 pm

Why not get in the top four if you can. On paper, you have a drop-off after the #4 RB. DS will have you taking a WR in most scoring formats at that spot. If you want a RB and you trust the DS rankings (These 4 are also the ADP top 4) on RB's--then you should trade up. You will be able to get 2 solid WR's or a WR/RB on your next pick regardless--but you get a super solid RB1. If you buy into the DS rankings, 2 very highly touted WRs will still be available. If you wait on your second running back, you can probably get a guy like Pierre Thomas in the 4th or 5th round with awesome upside. You could use the other pick for depth at WR or RB,Take a TE, or even take a QB if the right one is still on the board!

sportfreak
Blue Shark

Re: Which draft spot is best in a 10 team league this year?

Postby sportfreak » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:29 pm

#2 is probably my favorite choice, lock in AP or CJ, then can grab two solid WR's (Wayne, Jennings, Marshall, etc) at the 2/3 turn.

Besides that I like the #5, you're guaranteed Rice, Gore or MJD, pretty solid start in any league. You also have a decent shot at one of the WR's behind Andre.

#6 & #7 are ok if you like SJax or Turner. However in a 10-team, Non-PPRs I think taking Andre at 6 or 7 is a mistake, you're almost locked into a good WR in the 2nd with Moss, Austin, or Calvin possibly falling back to you. Even if they don't, Roddy, Wayne, Jennings or Marshall combined with a good RB is a better start than going Andre plus one of those WR and risking that you'll get two solid backs in the 3rd/4th rounds.

You can do well from the 8-10 picks if you are lucky enough to get a decent pair of backs in the 3rd/4th, but unless SJax or Turner fall to you in the 1st, there's no RB value and you are almost forced into going WR/WR this year.

Return to “Polls, Polls, Polls”