"Dead" Owners

Post all NFL, fantasy team or roster-related polls here. A new room just for polling!

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Should Fantasy commissioners adjust rosters each week for "dead owners"

Poll ended at Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:30 pm

Yes, to ensure fairness for everyone in the league
75%
No, it is not his call
25%

Total votes: 4

CrackedAces
DRAFT SHARK

"Dead" Owners

Postby CrackedAces » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:30 pm

So, I am having a debate with a friend over a scenario that is happening in the league I play in. 10 team league, where one manager hasn't done a thing since he created his team. Team was autodrafted for him, no add/drops, no trades, no roster moves period. Nothing. First, that is bullsh!t in my opinion. Why did you sign up for the league in the first place? The commissioner has the ability to go in and adjust the roster so that each spot is filled (i.e. this week Romo is on a bye, but Dalton is not and could be placed in the QB spot). I am not advocating that the commissioner go and make add and drops, simply that he makes roster moves to ensure that no one is getting a free pass in a given week.

I think part of my irritation stems from the fact that I had to play this manager in week 1. He scored the highest pt total of the week (to my 3rd highest). I don't get to play him again. Other teams though are facing him where key players are on BYE weeks or are listed as injured and out. Case in point, this week Romo and Nicks are in the starting lineup. It is for certain that neither will play. For all intense purposes, the opposing manager is getting a win here because of it. Wins reign above all, followed by points.

Am I wrong for thinking the commish should step up to the plate and do something about this?

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Re: "Dead" Owners

Postby Hornsfan78 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:22 pm

Absolutely the Commish should make sure that team fields a reasonable starting lineup every week. The owner should be banished and you should see if you could find someone to take the team over for the rest of the year.
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4),
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) A Kamara (16) Rawls (WW) Darkwa (WW) Burkhead (WW)
Woodhead (WW) C Carson (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) J Doctson (WW) C Davis (WW) C Coleman (WW)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

homer
DRAFT SHARK

Postby homer » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Ditto, if its not a money league I would drop out myself and tell them see ya unless the commish changes somethings.

chilly
Tiger Shark

Postby chilly » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:08 pm

I think someone should intervene with the roster of a dead owner.
We have an owner on life support and we have to remind him all the time about his roster. Ironically he is new to the league and he replaced an owner that did not do a thing in previous years. Frustrating, considering I lost to this owner in week two.

I think it is hard to find 10-12 players that are fully committed all season....
The number of leagues I have committed to is absurd!

Return to “Polls, Polls, Polls”