What is my weak area after the draft?

List all info needed for quick answers. Don't be mad if your post got moved here. You'll get more action.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

BostonBillsFan
Tiger Shark

What is my weak area after the draft?

Postby BostonBillsFan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:06 am

See sig for team...

Couple of comments:
-Santonio Holmes went one pick before I took Lee Evans - was hoping he would fall, but happy to have Evans as my 3rd WR
-I would say my weakness is at RB - I decided to leave RB2 until after I took AD, 3 WRs, and Witten and then went RB heavy next few rounds - how do you think this worked?

Thanks for the comments
12 Team 0.5pprscoring
Start QB, RB, 2WR, TE, 2 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), KR, DF
2 Keepers:
B Marshall (4th Rd), T Rawls (12th Rd)

cubsfantx
DRAFT SHARK

Postby cubsfantx » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:07 am

I think it worked out pretty well for you as long as RWilliams pans out. I hope CTaylor takes charge in HOU, I took him 11.5. I've had my fill of RBrown, for your sake, I hope this is the year he makes something of himself. Otherwise, I'd be checking the wire.

Good luck.
Quasi-Keeper League
Non-PPR; 6 pts/all TDs; 1pt/10Yds Rush/Rec; 1pt/25Yds Pass
Start 1QB, 2RB, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1DEF, 1K
JWinston, PRivers
DJohnson*, CJAnderson, DCook*, BPowell, TColeman, CCarson*, TCohen, LMurray, CJProsise
ODBeckhamJr*, ACooper, JCrowder, MBryant, DJackson, DFunchess
GOlsen*, JCook, CBrate
*-IR

kriminal29
Rookie

Postby kriminal29 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:29 am

you've got your 3 good WR, I'd dump Brown or RandleEl and take a chance on a nice sleeper rookie WR, could gie you much better upside

BostonBillsFan
Tiger Shark

Postby BostonBillsFan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:21 am

Actually - I left Rice off of my roster by accident. Adjusted below. I think I am going to drop Randel El and pick up Eddie Royal once our waiver wire opens. Agreed that Reggie Brown constantly underperforms, but as a WR4 I am happy since McNabb is going to throw a ton and Curtis is now out for so long
12 Team 0.5pprscoring
2 Keepers:

homer
DRAFT SHARK

Postby homer » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:50 am

If Royal is still out there, I would look for another young WR and drop Brown.

BostonBillsFan
Tiger Shark

Postby BostonBillsFan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:44 pm

Wow. I really don't understand why everyone is so incredibly down on Reggie Brown. The only other solid WR that PHI has is Jackson and he is a rookie (not counting Westbrook). That offense is so pass-happy that someone needs to make the catches. I understand not expecting WR1 or WR2 numbers from him, but dropping him for a completely unproven rookie is a bit much, isn't it? Am I just missing something?
12 Team 0.5pprscoring
2 Keepers:

BostonBillsFan
Tiger Shark

Postby BostonBillsFan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:53 pm

One update - dropped Randel El for Steve Smith (NYG). I'm hoping to have the upside of Rice and S Smith (plus gives me a bit of insurance for Plax)...obviously still a work in progress. Thank you again for the comments!
12 Team 0.5pprscoring
2 Keepers:

homer
DRAFT SHARK

Postby homer » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:07 pm

Here is Browns stats from last year. He started all 16 games in this pass happy offense.

Rec - 61
Yards - 780
TD - 4

This guy has not lived up to his hype and past people who have drafted him has been burnt. Jackson will have better stats at the end of the season than Brown.

BostonBillsFan
Tiger Shark

Postby BostonBillsFan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:54 pm

Agreed that people in the past have been burnt - they have drafted him as a WR2...my thinking is that I got him in the 10th round as a WR4 - he is still considered the #1 WR in Phi for now (though I agree that Jackson has looked good). I'm talking about value - Brown in the 10th as a bench players is pretty solid. I still think he has potential to have a solid year due to the fact that Phi throws 3 downs out of every 4 (a bit of an exaggeration, but they are pass-happy)...
12 Team 0.5pprscoring
2 Keepers:

Big Fish
Rookie

Postby Big Fish » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:09 pm

In answer to your question, I think WR is the weakness. You have good receivers but nobody that will light it up every week or as least 13 out of 16 weeks. But the comment is relative as there are few receivers out there that put up double digit points every week.
The final solution to a problem is the one at hand when time and money run out.

Return to “Who Do I Start / Rate My Lineup”