Free Agents

List all info needed for quick answers. Don't be mad if your post got moved here. You'll get more action.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

bradwentz
Tiger Shark

Free Agents

Postby bradwentz » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:11 pm

Sharks,

There are a few free agents who stand out in my 10 team league. My roster is below. Could you see picking up any of these and dropping anyone else? Just looking at the possibility for better depth/greater potential.

QB: Kurt Warner, VY, Jason Campbell
WR: Desean Jackson, Bryant Johnson, Eddie Royal, Vincent Jackson
RB: Deangelo Williams, Chester Taylor, Duece, Justin Fargas, Ray Rice, Chris Perry
TE: Randy McMichael, Marcedes Lewis
"Not everybody is a perfect person in this world. I mean, everyone does ... kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me. I just feel people need to give him a chance. I always looked up to Mike Vick and I always will because I still think he's one of the best quarterbacks to me and I just love Mike Vick." -Terrelle Pryor, The Ohio State University

gsgarcia
Reef Shark

Postby gsgarcia » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:29 pm

I would take a look at Desean Jackson. He is a rookie, and not many rookies make an impact right away, but he will be getting looks with Curtis out and Brown already dinged up. I'm sure he'll also be used in the slot some.

With that, if you had to drop someone, I think it would be Gaffney. With the Pats, you already have Moss and Welker getting most of the looks. And with your current WR depth, would Gaffney even crak your lineup?

D. Williams will be in a RBBC with Stewart all year long, but you could always pick up Chester to deal to the AD owner later if something were to happen to AD.

Ray Rice also has great potential.

bradwentz
Tiger Shark

Postby bradwentz » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:12 pm

Anyone else have any insight?
"Not everybody is a perfect person in this world. I mean, everyone does ... kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me. I just feel people need to give him a chance. I always looked up to Mike Vick and I always will because I still think he's one of the best quarterbacks to me and I just love Mike Vick." -Terrelle Pryor, The Ohio State University

Fesh Jimmy
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Fesh Jimmy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:02 pm

Ray Rice!

Hollywood
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hollywood » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:28 pm

I'd definately pick up Jackson for Gaffney. That's a no brainer. If QB's are readily available on your waiver wire, I might roll the dice with Warner or Campbell in favor of Kitna although I'd wait a little while before picking up Campbell to see if Kitna (and the Lions) suck or not. While I like Ray Rice a lot, I don't see who you can drop for him unless it's Kitna and you roll with one QB till their bye. I'm torn about whether I like Rice's short term value over Mendy's so that could be an option I guess. I'm assuming this isn't a keeper league right?

bradwentz
Tiger Shark

Postby bradwentz » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:44 pm

Thanks guys. I picked up Gaffney when I read that Welker possibly had some cracked ribs. Is this true? I know fantasy info is tough to come by out of New England, but if Welker misses any games, I think Gaffney could be huge. Heck, everyone saw how productive Wes was as NE's WR3 last year.

Hollywood, you are correct in that this is a redraft league.

kriminal29
Rookie

Postby kriminal29 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:05 am

i think that you could upgrade a bench rb spot by dumping mendenhall and going with williams or rice, williams will spilt carries and rice will at least split if not start...and mendenhall will be lucky to get third downs

Return to “Who Do I Start / Rate My Lineup”