Rotobowl Draft Recap

List all info needed for quick answers. Don't be mad if your post got moved here. You'll get more action.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Blue Shark

Rotobowl Draft Recap

Postby soupcam » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:25 pm

The draft for my NFFC Online Championship (formerly Rotobowl) was last night. This is a 12 team, 20 round draft, PPR, 6 points for all td's. 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX. I had the 6 spot, with a 3rd round reverse draft, so from rounds 3 on I was effectively picking from spot 7.

My Team(round drafted):
QB: Brady(8), Palmer(15)
RB: Murray(2), Gordon(4), Morris(5), Vereen(7), Ivory(10), Woodhead(12), West(18)
WR: Dez(1), Sanders(3), Charles Johnson(6), John Brown(9), Hurns(13), Britt(16), Hawkins(19)
TE: Gates(11), Clay (14)

Receiver values were tough to come by throughout the draft, so in hindsight it was a good call to go WR round one, passing on guys like Lacy (Charles, Bell and Peterson were taken in the top 5 Picks).Would have liked to go WR3 with pick 4 or 5, but 20 were already drafted by my spot at 4.6, so Gordon and then Morris were just too tough to pass up in those spots (MVP board was in agreement, though it would have had me go Morris first). Charles Johnson in the 6th was the 33rd WR drafted.

Other picks to note:
* Forte went 2.11, McCoy 3.2. As mentioned above, receivers were flying off the board and these two slid. I passed on Forte round 2 for Murray, though it was Hill and not Forte as the other RB I was contemplating instead of Murray. I am not a big Forte guy this year and it looks like others in this league agree.
* I was looking for Eifert as a later TE add, but someone else in this league loves him more than I do, he was the 10th TE drafted. I got Gates at TE14, will need Clay to come through first 4 weeks or find someone on waivers early in the season.
* Yeldon and Abdullah went at the 4-5 swing, ahead of Gurley. Both those guys are climbing into round 4 as they look like they will be on the field right away with big roles. Not surprising, but it is already happening.
* Beckham was pick 7, so he is definitely a first round pick, at least in this small sample. I think as we draw closer to the season we will see this more as long as he remains healthy, so I can't fault DS for considering him a first rounder in their Bust article.
12 teams - 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLX/1K/1D
YARDS: 1pt per 25 passing, 1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving
ALL TD=6 pts. PPR=1/2 pt. ALL T/O = -2 pts.
Team Bonus: 6 point bonuses if your starters combine for any of the following:
300+ passing yards, 200+ rushing yards, 300+ receiving yards
QB: Brady RB: D. Martin, McCaffery, Gallman, McGuire, Cohen, David Johnson
WR: D. Parker, D. Jackson, M. Bryant, R. Matthews, Jaron Brown TE: Walker D: Chiefs

Return to “Who Do I Start / Rate My Lineup”