Last draft of the summer...

List all info needed for quick answers. Don't be mad if your post got moved here. You'll get more action.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

skiballs68
DRAFT SHARK

Last draft of the summer...

Postby skiballs68 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:13 am

I'm wrapping up a small stakes 12 Team PPR (Masters Fantasy League format). Start 1QB, 1 RB, 1WR, 2RB/WR, TE, K, DST. No INT penalty for QBs but otherwise pretty typical stuff. I pulled the 1.01 spot.

1.01: Bell - Coin flip pick with DJ. I just think Bell is the better player in the higher ceiling offense.
2.12: Gronk - With Gurley, Dez, Baldwin, and Cooks all gone, Gronk seemed a no-brainer.
3.01: D. Thomas - TY Hilton was still here, but I went safety over ceiling. I couldn't pull the trigger on any of those 3rd round RBs.
4.12: Fitz - A WR that should stack recpts to pair with DT. They should provide a nice weekly floor.
5.01: Martavis - I need at least one WR capable of huge TD upside and Bryant is it.
6.12: Ingram - End of round 6 is just fine. Like him better in best ball, because of the way Payton uses him (or doesn't) sometimes.
7.01: Woodhead - Was surprised to see him still there. He's sometimes gone a couple rounds earlier. A quiet summer depressed his value.
8.12: Riddick - Another PPR RB that has sneaky Top 12 upside. I was all over this pick.
9.01: Cobb - Pure upside play. We know he's capable of scoring 10+ TDs in this offense. Tough choice between him and Decker/Davis from Tenn.
10.12: Rivers - I would like to have waited a bit more, but picking form the turn makes you more susceptible to positional runs.
11.01: Forte - I like Powell as much as the next guy, but a 6 round difference between him and Forte suggest some market inefficiency.
12.12: Carson Palmer - My Week 1 starter with Rivers in Denver.
13.01: Fleener - Really didn't need a backup TE here, but players I really wanted (Burkhead, Wallace and Prosise) went the 3 picks ahead of me.

Haven't made the last 3 picks yet, but obv will have to grab a DST and K. I've been targeting Pitt DST to start my season long leagues this month.

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Re: Last draft of the summer...

Postby mcghee3 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:41 pm

I like it.
Bell and Gronk will be monsters.
I'm a fan of the idea of taking Elliot at the 2/3 turn if you get Bell or DJ.
Their output + a decent RB (like Woodhead) can supplement the loss until Zeke is back but I understand people not pulling the trigger.
Gronk is one guy I'd have to think about taking there if he's still around.
My guess is Woodhead will slot in the RB2 spot more than Ingram because of the Payton factor.
I'm all over DThomas when I can get him this year.
Should be a contender come playoff time.

Good Luck ski

skiballs68
DRAFT SHARK

Postby skiballs68 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:25 pm

Thanks. Elliott was drafted in the 1st round in this slow email format. It kicked off on the Friday before Labor Day, and rumors were swirling about the suspension being reduced or rescinded. Otherwise, I agree with your take on drafting Zeke. I nabbed in my home league at 3.02. I started that draft with Bell, Dez, Zeke, and TYMONT from the #2 spot.

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:38 pm

skiballs68 wrote:Thanks. Elliott was drafted in the 1st round in this slow email format. It kicked off on the Friday before Labor Day, and rumors were swirling about the suspension being reduced or rescinded. Otherwise, I agree with your take on drafting Zeke. I nabbed in my home league at 3.02. I started that draft with Bell, Dez, Zeke, and TYMONT from the #2 spot.

Nice!
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), A Luck (14)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) R Kelly (6) C Carson (13) A Kamara (16) J Allen (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) Ty Williams (8) J Maclin (9) C Coleman (10)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:40 pm

mcghee3 wrote:I like it.
Bell and Gronk will be monsters.
I'm a fan of the idea of taking Elliot at the 2/3 turn if you get Bell or DJ.
Their output + a decent RB (like Woodhead) can supplement the loss until Zeke is back but I understand people not pulling the trigger.
Gronk is one guy I'd have to think about taking there if he's still around.
My guess is Woodhead will slot in the RB2 spot more than Ingram because of the Payton factor.
I'm all over DThomas when I can get him this year.
Should be a contender come playoff time.

Good Luck ski

+1
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), A Luck (14)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) R Kelly (6) C Carson (13) A Kamara (16) J Allen (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) Ty Williams (8) J Maclin (9) C Coleman (10)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

Return to “Who Do I Start / Rate My Lineup”