1st Home Draft

List all info needed for quick answers. Don't be mad if your post got moved here. You'll get more action.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

1st Home Draft

Postby mcghee3 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Little late the party this year with kids, work, rinse repeat but here's my first home draft that was done on 8/26.
12 team PPR, 6pt all TD's plus standard scoring. Start 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 DST/1 K.
Had the #8 pick.....
1.08: Julio Jones. I mean, I couldn't get to the board fast enough. Total ski mask pick. Rodgers, Evans, McCoy and OBJ all went before Julio which is a huge mistake, IMO.
2.05: Demarco Murray. Not crazy about this pick but I find myself taking him around here and handcuffing Henry early. Tenn could have one of the best O-lines in the NFL this year.
3.08: Tom Brady. I'm not one to take a QB early but this was just criminal too. Rodgers went 1.04 and not another QB went off the board till here. Brady and Rodgers are the only QB's I'm taking before the 6th-ish round. In the 3rd round, Brady is a steal.
4.05: Ty Montgomery. Loving him in PPR this year. If GB uses him like they should, I think he's got top 12-15 potential.
5.08: Tyreek Hill: With Maclin gone, and all the positive reports coming out of camp about Hill's improvements in route running, etc, I've got no problem grabbing him here.
6.05: Derrick Henry: Had to be done. He wasn't getting back to me and he could be the most valuable handcuff in FFL. Plus, he could go in as a flex if necessary.
7.08: Pierre Garcon. Yeah, I heard it at the draft, 2012 called and wants their pick back. But, the #1WR in a Kyle Shanahan offense and he could be looking at 110+ targets this year.
8.05: Frank Gore. Same as the pick before. I actually may have thrown up in my mouth walking to the board. That could've been the Tito's, but more than likely it was the pick.
9.08: Cameron Meredith. Loved this until he blew his knee out the next day.
10.05: Kyle Rudolph. No problem with him waiting this long for a TE.
11.08: Tyrell Williams. If/when Allen gets hurt, he steps right in again. Even with Allen healthy, he could still spot start if needed.
12.05: Jonathan Stewart. Meh.
13.08: Robby Anderson. Been acquiring him all over. Someone has to catch the ball. This was before the moves for Kearse and Kerley but I'm still digging Anderson as the top target guy.
14.05: Alvin Kamara. Another guy I have lots of shares in. AP won't last the season and Payton hates Ingram, loves Ingram, hates Ingram, loves Ingram.
15.08: Will Lutz. It's a kicker
16.05: Chargers D. It's a D

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Re: 1st Home Draft

Postby Hornsfan78 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:11 pm

I like it, Scott. All TD's being 6 make it easier to pull the trigger on a Brady or Rodgers earlier.

Miss you in the DS League!

Good Luck!
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4),
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) A Kamara (16) Rawls (WW) Darkwa (WW) Burkhead (WW)
Woodhead (WW) C Carson (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) J Doctson (WW) C Davis (WW) C Coleman (WW)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:51 pm

Hornsfan78 wrote:I like it, Scott. All TD's being 6 make it easier to pull the trigger on a Brady or Rodgers earlier.

Miss you in the DS League!

Good Luck!

Thanks brother.
It was a tough call to bow out but I just didn't have the time for it. I'm down to 2 leagues (my 2 home ones). No mfl 10's, dynasty, etc. Too much going on with work and kids. Glad to see it's still up and running

Hobbes4166
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hobbes4166 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:15 am

I like it. I'd have waited on a QB, but can't argue otherwise
Dynasty 1 - PPR
QB - Rodgers Cutler
RB - L Miller, JHill LMurray CJ Anderson TMontgomery Perkins
WR - AHopkins EDecker Perriman KWhite THill ZJones MThomas
TE - JReed EEbron VDavis

Dynasty 2 - PPR
QB - Wilson, Cousins, Kizer
RB - ADP Freeman TColeman Dixon Kelley Mack Murray
WR - ABrown JNelson MBryant TLockett MWilliams Meredith
TE - Graham Everett Gathers

Dynasty 3 - PPR
QB - Wilson Manning Prescott
RB - DJohnson JHill McCoy Abdullah Hunt Carson Cohen
WR - Jeffery KBenjamin DJax, PGarcon, Tate Pryor MWall
TE - Reed Kelce Kittles

skiballs68
DRAFT SHARK

Postby skiballs68 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:20 pm

I don't think there's a player I've soured on more than Gore over the summer. In June/July, I thought he was one of the safer values out there. But with Luck's return not assured and the Colts' starting center out, I just don't see the PPR value for a guy that no longer gets used in the passing game and got vultured multiple times last year by Robert Turbin. He turned into a hard pass for me by mid-August.

I like the team overall- I have no problems with Demarco in mid round 2. And Brady in the 3rd in home leagues is absolutely not an issue for me. Especially given what a shitshow round 3 was this year. In my home league, I drafted Zeke at 3.02 (draft was August 20th), and I still thought pretty hard about pulling the trigger on Brady (Rodgers went at the 2.12 spot). The Edelman injury might take some shine off, but his ppg production last year was fanatastic and that was with one month of healthy Gronk.

I'm good with the TYMONT pick in mid to late 4th rounds. Seeing his price climb into round 3 lately has me screaming at the night sky, "doesn't anyone else see his terrifuckingfying abyss-like floor?!??". But as a DS sub, I'm contractually obligated to own him all over the place and I do. Just not anywhere higher than late 4th round.

Return to “Who Do I Start / Rate My Lineup”