Keeper League Draft

List all info needed for quick answers. Don't be mad if your post got moved here. You'll get more action.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Keeper League Draft

Postby Hornsfan78 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:53 pm

Keeper leagues are always a different animal to draft. In ours (league in sig) you keep between 3 and 5 players, this year there were 47 players (plus a kicker, and no Wally is not in this league :roll: ) off the board pre-draft.

As league champion :D I picked 10th out of 10.

I was going back on forth on keeping Zeke with my 1.10 pick after the suspension. At first, I thought I would let him go and maybe be able to draft him with the 2.01, thus, extending his time on my roster potentially for 2 more years. But, the more I started looking at who I thought would be kept, and the number of picks before me in the first round, including several Cowboys homers, I decided to keep him. We will see how that works out. I also kept Kelce at 7.10 and David Johnson (18.01 - ww pickup in 2015), Kelvin Benjamin (19.10 - ww pickup in 2015) and J Howard at 20.01 (ww pickup 2016).

1.10 - Zeke
2.01 - Amari Cooper - Knew I was going WR here and figured it would be DT or Cooper. Wasn't touching Hilton at this point. Also passed on Dez because of Elliott. In hindsight, I might have been better off letting Zeke go and taking Dez at 1.10 and 1 of the rookie RB's (Hunt, Cook or Mixon) at 2.01, but oh well. That would have also allowed me to keep Brady at 5.01. I may seriously regret keeping Zeke.
3.10 - Golden Tate - Figured he would be the top WR on my board and he was.
4.01 - Russell Wilson - This was my planned pick here as my starting lineup is now set. If he was gone, I probably would have waited several rounds for Rivers.
5.01 - DJax - Didn't really love the WR options here (could of had Ginn, Garcon or Wallace) but I have had good luck with DJax in the past
6.01 - Fat Rob Kelly - this is my Zeke suspension insurance policy - hoping he can hold off Perine until at least Week 8 or 9 if the suspension is upheld
7.10 - Kelce
8.01 - Ty Williams
9.10 - Jeremy Maclin - hopefully adequate bye week filler
10.01 - Corey Coleman - hope to be able to stash him and see how he develops
11.10 - R Burkhead - had Perine or John Brown teed up here and they got snatched before my eyes. A cheap buy into the Pats Offense.
12.01 J Matthews - Bye week material and who knows beyond that. Fortunately I don't need him early.
13.01 C Carson - May be a pre-season stud who we never hear from again, but the Seahawks backfield, albeit crowded, is there for the taking.
14.01 Andrew Luck - I wasn't planning on taking a 2nd QB, but couldn't pass on this and the keeper potential.
15.10 Chiefs - Needed a D here because my last 3 picks are keepers.
16.01 A Kamara - taking the potential keeper with the later pick
17.10 D Hopkins - the kicker
18.01 David Johnson - Yea Baby!
19.10 K Benjamin - If I get WR2 production out of him it will be well worth the keeper slot
20.01 J Howard

Curious how others would have handled the keeper situation. Had to declare on Friday 9/1 before any decisions were made on the appeal. My worst case scenario would have been to drop him on Friday and have the appeal reduced to 2 games before the draft on Tuesday.
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), T Taylor (WW)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) A Kamara (16) Darkwa (WW) Burkhead (WW)
Woodhead (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) J Doctson (WW) C Davis (WW) J Gordon (WW) K Cupp (WW)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

skiballs68
DRAFT SHARK

Re: Keeper League Draft

Postby skiballs68 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:28 pm

I think you played it fine. There really was so much up in the air (and there still is) regarding the suspension that it was pretty difficult to make an informed decision. I suppose you could have played around but I think he could have easily been taken at the 1-2 turn before your 2nd rd pick.

Otherwise, I think you stocked this team pretty well on top of the keepers you've got. And who knows- Zeke might push that suspension into 2018 yet.

ProfPoobah
Rookie

Postby ProfPoobah » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:56 pm

I have also been buying Luck shares in my keeper leagues. I can see staying away from Dez with the uncertainty in Dallas, but his TD upside pushes him ahead of Cooper in my rankings. Kamara in the 16th in a keeper league is insane value. *shakes head*

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:25 pm

ProfPoobah wrote:I have also been buying Luck shares in my keeper leagues. I can see staying away from Dez with the uncertainty in Dallas, but his TD upside pushes him ahead of Cooper in my rankings. Kamara in the 16th in a keeper league is insane value. *shakes head*

The Dez thing was more about not having him AND Elliot, but maybe I was overthinking that a bit. The only other thing on Dez is his schedule this year. I think I heard somewhere that he potentially will faces 9 top CB's during the course of the year. But, Dez is Dez. It might have also been some insurance on a Zeke suspension i.e. worse running = more passing. Oh well. I hope you are right on Kamara!
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), T Taylor (WW)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) A Kamara (16) Darkwa (WW) Burkhead (WW)
Woodhead (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) J Doctson (WW) C Davis (WW) J Gordon (WW) K Cupp (WW)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

Hobbes4166
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hobbes4166 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:16 am

Only one word to say - Sweet
Dynasty 1 - PPR
QB - Rodgers Cutler
RB - L Miller, JHill LMurray CJ Anderson TMontgomery Perkins
WR - AHopkins EDecker Perriman KWhite THill ZJones MThomas