Differences? DraftsKings vs. FanDuel opinions

Thoughts, analysis and advice on daily fantasy games. Make that money!

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Warrior17
Rookie

Differences? DraftsKings vs. FanDuel opinions

Postby Warrior17 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:08 am

Wondering if anyone can tell me what you think the differences are between the two (DraftKings vs. FanDuel) and which you think is better etc? Thought this might be an interesting topic.

CrackedAces
DRAFT SHARK

Re: Differences? DraftsKings vs. FanDuel opinions

Postby CrackedAces » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:14 pm

I am only on FanDuel, so I have no experience on DraftKings. The main difference, is in lineup settings, scoring and salaries. Other than that, I would say they are the same. I did a quick Google search and found this. Pretty sure it will answer any question you had about the two:

http://www.dailyfantasysports101.com/dr ... -football/

DS Kevin
Reef Shark

Postby DS Kevin » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:06 pm

CrackedAces nailed it by mentioning scoring/salaries. I also know that some people just prefer the look/feel of one site over the other.

CrackedAces
DRAFT SHARK

Postby CrackedAces » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:49 pm

DS Kevin wrote:CrackedAces nailed it by mentioning scoring/salaries. I also know that some people just prefer the look/feel of one site over the other.

$100K would make me like one site over the other too, lol!

Big time Congrats on the score Kevin!

DS Kevin
Reef Shark

Postby DS Kevin » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:23 pm

CrackedAces wrote:
DS Kevin wrote:CrackedAces nailed it by mentioning scoring/salaries. I also know that some people just prefer the look/feel of one site over the other.

$100K would make me like one site over the other too, lol!

Big time Congrats on the score Kevin!

Haha -- I play on both, but you're absolutely right! Thanks a ton!

chillpop
Rookie

Postby chillpop » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:36 am

The two major differences I've noticed are the sites pricing and the required roster spots.

Fanduel seems to often take long to adjust player prices. This can result in too many obvious value options (especially if you also play nba contests). On the other hand, DraftKings seems quicker to adjust player prices.

Fanduel requires drafting a kicker, while Draftkings does not and requires a flex.

I like Draftkings side on both of these differences. I feel like the tighter salaries and the flex position help skill prevail. It also leads to less similar lineups. Check this out for more on the differences between the sites https://dfsstrategy.com/sites/

DS Kevin
Reef Shark

Postby DS Kevin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:16 pm

chillpop wrote:The two major differences I've noticed are the sites pricing and the required roster spots.

Fanduel seems to often take long to adjust player prices. This can result in too many obvious value options (especially if you also play nba contests). On the other hand, DraftKings seems quicker to adjust player prices.

Fanduel requires drafting a kicker, while Draftkings does not and requires a flex.

I like Draftkings side on both of these differences. I feel like the tighter salaries and the flex position help skill prevail. It also leads to less similar lineups. Check this out for more on the differences between the sites https://dfsstrategy.com/sites/

I agree with this, 100%. I've had more success on DK, and I think a big part of that is the tighter pricing/absence of a kicker.

DK also has bonuses for 300+ yard passers and 100+ yard rushers/receivers. I don't like them -- they can needlessly swing matchups one way or another -- but it's not a huge deal for me.

Return to “Daily Games”