Draft Simulators on Drugs

Combine/Pro Day News, Draft Rumors, Mock Drafts

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Poobah
Great White

Draft Simulators on Drugs

Postby Poobah » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:21 am

Okay, I get it, you use something that's free and you get what you pay for. But still... Fanspeak's mock NFL draft simulator, using Matt Miller's most recent draft rankings (maybe THAT's the problem), drafting for my Cowboys, and you tell me, how happy would just about any team be if they could pull this off. No trades, nothing but me picking in my assigned spots --

Round 1 (4): DeForest Buckner - DE, Oregon (Ramsey and Bosa were gone)
Round 2 (34): Michael Thomas - WR, Ohio State (and I may have reached, though I didn't know it yet)
Round 3 (67): Kendall Fuller - CB, Virginia Tech (okay, cool, an injury risk maybe, but this will work)
Round 4 (101): Devontae Booker - RB, Utah (wait a minute, this is too easy...)
Round 4 (135): Connor Cook - QB, Michigan Staten (SERIOUSLY?!!)
Round 6 (189): Antonio Morrison - ILB, Florida
Round 6 (212): Deon Bush - S, Miami
Round 6 (216): Nile Lawrence-Staple - DT, Florida State (DraftTek has him as a 4th-rounder, btw...)
Round 7 (217): Chase Farris - G, Ohio State

5 players who could arguably be gone before the end of the second round? Yes, please!!

Poobah
Great White

Re: Draft Simulators on Drugs

Postby Poobah » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:54 pm

On the other hand, paying for things (via Fanspeak's "Premium" which allows viewing of stats, and the making/receiving of trade offers) may or may not have produced something more "realistic" - assuming an NFL team was able to pull off 6 trades and give up a future 6th-round pick for two future 7th-round picks in the process. To be fair, all except the first trade (solicited by "Tennessee") were very close on the draft pick value chart (+/- 3%). But Tennessee has to be feeling good about what they got from the Rams, or something. They still got Tunstill after dealing with me, and kept the 3rd-rounder and the 2017 picks. But they sent me on the way to one hell of a haul. 6 picks from the top 67, 8 of the top 101, 10 of the top 135.

Anyway....

Round 1 (31): A'Shawn Robinson - DT, Alabama
Round 2 (2): Leonard Floyd - OLB, Georgia
Round 2 (3): Josh Doctson - WR, TCU
Round 2 (19): Connor Cook - QB, Michigan St.
Round 2 (25): Keanu Neal - S, Florida
Round 3 (4): Kendall Fuller - CB, Virginia Tech
Round 3 (31): Kenneth Dixon - RB, Louisiana Tech
Round 4 (3): Ronald Blair - DE, Appalachian St.
Round 4 (20): William Ratelle - ILB, North Dakota
Round 4 (37): Sebastian Tretola - G, Arkansas
Round 6 (37): Mike Jordan - CB, Missouri Western
Round 6 (41): Dadi Nicolas - DE, Virginia Tech
Round 6 (42): Keyarris Garrett - WR, Tulsa (thanks to Matt and Jared for the sleeper WR idea)

Return to “NFL Draft”